Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A New Journey

I’m about to begin a new journey in less than a week and I’m a bit apprehensive. I haven’t taken care of kids in about 7 years on a full time basis and now next week I will be taking care of a one year old and a two year old. I hope my body will hold up and let me do this. Seven years ago I was highly capable of doing this, but my health isn’t exactly what it use to be. Fibromyalgia isn’t progressive my ass. The only people who say that Fibro isn’t progressive are those who don’t have it.

This is going to be a challenge and although I’m a little afraid of the whole situation I’m ready. I’m ready to feel like I have a purpose again. Since my sweet Aunt Edna died I’ve felt pretty damn lazy. I went from taking care of her for up to 13 hours a day to sleeping in and feeling useless again. I’m still taking care of her lawn (God, please don’t let me kill everything!), but I loved taking care of her so much more.

A new week, a new journey and hopefully a lot of “no flare” days are ahead of me. I’m hoping for the best. That’s all I can do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews