Friday, August 14, 2009

Following Dreams and Living Life

I’m not even going to talk about my day today. It wasn’t all that bad, but it was boring as hell…therefore nothing to talk about. I’ve been trying to get back into poetry again. It’s been a while since I actually dedicated a lot of time to just writing poetry. I’ve written a couple, but I’m not calling them finished yet. I keep going back and changing little things here and there. I have a hard time with perfectionism with my poems. Sometimes that’s a good thing, but sometimes it holds me back. I get it in my head that it’s not good enough to submit to a high paying market so I settle for a low paying online market instead.

Most of the time, the only person holding us back from our dreams is ourselves. It’s time for me to have faith in myself and play with the pros. I’m never going to get anywhere if I let fear and insecurity guide my way. Writing is a hard gig to make a full time living on, but it’s possible and that’s what I want to do. FYI…A job as a freelance writer is not an easy job, like many people make it out to be. Anyone who writes to make money knows how hard it is. What you write has to be perfect, there has to be a market for it and your submission has to stand out from thousands of others. It’s not easy, it’s time consuming and the pay is not always great.

I’m ready to let go of my fear and make myself known. It’s going to be a hard journey, but at least I’ll know that I’m doing something with my life. I may be taking baby steps towards my dreams, but for once, I’ll be heading in the right direction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews