Thursday, February 24, 2011

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO SHIT" Card


I'm exhausted, I'm in pain and I need money.  That's a hell of a way to start out the day.  Being an adult is highly over-rated.  I need to work, but my body is physcially and mentally stressed to the max.  There's no more push left in me.  I hate when I let myself get to this point, but sometimes it just seems like it's unavoidable.

Having a chronic illness doesn't give you a magic "you don't have to do shit" card.  You still have to function like everyone else.  You still have bills to pay.  Not to mention all the doctor bills and medication you have to pay for.  Everyone assumes that if you say you have a chronic illness, especially one like Fibromyalgia, that you're taking the easy way out.  How the hell is it the easy way, when you still have to do everything everyone else does, except you have to do it while being sick.

I don't know.  All that is just a thought and just what my experience has been since I "came out" about being sick.  You know since the illness I've had all my life finally has a name now.

Anyways that's enough about that.  I hope everyone has an awesome day.  Don't forget to be brilliant!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews