Sunday, July 12, 2009

Work from Home and be Brilliant

I hate when I get into a writing rut. I get into a real good groove and then all of a sudden the mere thought of writing another article makes me feel nauseous. I get bored and I want to do anything but sit inside the house and write. I’ve thought about going to different places to write like the park or the library, but I haven’t managed to get myself there yet. So I just continue to get more and more discontent which, by the way, does nothing to help writer’s block. You face many obstacles when you work from home. It’s hard not to do that last load of laundry or answer the phone. When I’m sitting down to write and I’m at a loss for ideas I get so tempted to get up and clean the house or to go out and get food or something to drink. I get all anxious and I want to know what’s going on beyond the walls of my house. This doesn’t exactly work out too well when you need to be making money. It takes a lot of focus and self-discipline. So here I sit. The writing rut isn’t as bad, but still a rut nonetheless. The only way to escape the frustration is to keep writing, even if it is pointless blog posts that no one will ever read. That’s the only way to keep going and in the end hopefully I can say that today I was brilliant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews