Sunday, July 12, 2009

SUCK IT UP AND DEAL WITH IT

I am a freelance writer with carpal tunnel syndrome and it sucks severely. It is hard enough being a writer and having to deal with scheduling, time constraints, working from home and the dreaded writer’s block, but when you throw carpal tunnel syndrome in, it messes up everything. I can usually manage to type when my hands are swollen and feeling all jacked up, but the whole pen and paper thing doesn’t work out very well. If I had a perfect memory, then I could simply read about and then write about it, but I don’t and taking notes is a very important part of my work. So when my fingers are too swollen to hold on to the pen I’m pretty much on hold until I can get the swelling down. I hate it, but it’s life so I deal with it. There’s always something that you don’t want to have to deal with, but what choice do we have. Hard times don’t go away if we ignore them. You simply have to hold your head up high and tell yourself that you will make it through the day. You can cry about it all you want, but it’s not going to change anything so just suck it up and deal with it. Stop concentrating on the bad, focus on the good and do what you have to do to be brilliant today.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews