Monday, July 13, 2009

LIFE'S TOO SHORT...LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Life doesn’t have to be complicated. Does it? I guess it doesn’t have to be, but it always seems to be. There’s never enough money, you get sick and something in the house is always falling apart. I always envy people who seem to have it all together, but do they really have it all together? I mean there has to be something in their lives that is less than perfect. That thought helps me to sleep at night anyways. Recently I was blessed with the opportunity to take care of my Great Aunt. I learned so much about myself during the 3 weeks or so that I took care of her. I found out that I was a lot stronger than thought I was and that I was capable of more than I ever gave myself credit for. She got really sick and was in the hospital for a week before she gave up the fight. I never realized that it would hurt so bad when she died. I never realized that a 90 year old woman would become my best friend in such a short period of time. My life was highly complicated during this time, but for once in my life I didn’t really stress about it. I was on a mission and I did what I had to do to accomplish that mission. Now that my mission is complete I feel lost. I’m back to where I started and my heart hurts like hell without my “little woman”. Now I’m on a mission to find my place in this world again. Taking care of my Great Aunt happened for a reason, now I have to use what I learned to be the person I want to be. Life’s too short to just dream. Act on all your dreams, even if it’s just a little bit. Don’t put things off until tomorrow because tomorrow may never come. Step outside your safety zone even if it’s just for little while and do something to make your dreams come true.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews