Sunday, January 23, 2011

Who Do You Take Care of First? Yourself or Others?

How come taking care of yourself is always the hardest thing to do?  I'm awesome at taking care of other people and making sure they have what they need, but when it comes to me I end up in the ER on the verge of a stroke.  Go figure.

I guess it's easier to think of others first...for me anyway.  It's easier to deal with someone else's problems, because you can see the big picture of their problems a lot more clearly than you can see your own.
I've noticed that quite a few, if not most of us, with invisible chronic illnesses tend to always put others before us.  I honestly don't think we would be like that if we were'nt sick and if we didn't have illnesses that carried such a stigma.  I personally knows how it feels to be alone and misuderstood so I make sure no one around me ever feels that way.

This is just my opinion.  What are your ideas on the matter?  Hope everyone has an awesome Sunday. Be brilliant!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews