Monday, January 24, 2011

Chronic Illnesses and Learning to be Happy

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope everyone has an awesome day despite it being Monday.  I woke up feeling really good today.  Of course the pain is there, but mentally I'm good so that means a good day.

When you have chronic pain you can't base your moods on how your body feels because then you would always be sad, irritated and pissed off at the world.  I learned a long time ago that I can still be happy despite my pain and that's the most valuable tool I have against this monster that has invaded my body.

So if you see me or someone else with a chronic illness smiling and laughing remember that it doesn't mean they're feeling better or that they're magically cured...it just means they are having a good day and that they're happy.  They may be in so much pain they can barely walk, but they don't let that keep them down.

Our illnesses are chronic.  We'll probably never have a cure.  We have to learn live our lives a little differently than everyone else.  There's nothing wrong with that.  In fact sometimes it's actually a blessing because we get to see things an entirely different way than everyone else.  Life is beautiful even when you feel like yours is falling apart.

Have a great day and don't forget to be brilliant!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews