Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Quotes


I love quotes that not only inspire you but also make you really think about where your life is headed.  I recently read a book called Do It! Let’s Get Off Our Buts by John-Roger and Peter McWilliams and the authors used many quotes from the famous and not so famous throughout the entire book.  Here are some of my favorites:

“Writing is easy.  All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead.”  ~Gene Fowler

“It took me 15 years to discover  I had no talent for writing, but I couldn’t give it up because by then I was too famous.”  ~Robert Benchley

“You can’t build a reputation on what you’re going to do.”  ~Henry Ford

“Fall seven times, stand up eight.”  ~Japanese Proverb

“Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t.”  ~Erica Jong

“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are.  I don’t believe in circumstances.  The who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.”   ~George Bernard Shaw (1893)

“The Wages of sin are death, but by the time taxes are taken out, it’s just sort of a tired feeling.”  ~Paula Poundstone

“Courage is doing what you’re afraid to do.  There can be no courage unless you’re scared.  ~Eddie Rickenbacker

What are your favorite quotes?  Don’t forget to be brilliant!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews