Monday, June 4, 2012

The Writer's Block Plague


Can you see the frustration?!

I’m a writer who loves to write, but I’m also a writer who’s going through a phase of not wanting to write.  Oh the irony.  I’ve just been in this funk lately and I can’t seem to find the motivation to accomplish anything.  Deep down I want to write, but when I sit down with my laptop, pen and paper I can’t seem to make anything happen.  I was taught early on that if I had a bad case of writer’s block to just walk away from it for a while, so I took a mini-vacation and intentionally left my laptop at home.  I was hoping that missing it so much would make me go on a writing rampage when I got back.  I’ve been back since Friday and this is the most I have written.  I’m hoping things get better soon.

Life just has a way of getting in the way of your dreams, and I’ll be damn if it takes this one away.  I’ve had to give up a lot of dreams because of my illness and circumstances, but I won’t let this one go.  Writing is my life and it was the one thing that I still had when I had lost everything else.  I’m confident that things will get better and I will be back on a normal writing schedule, without this intense desire to throw my laptop out the window and run naked and screaming down the street.  If you’re getting mental pictures of that now, I do apologize, but that’s your own fault :-p.

I hope everyone is having an awesome day/night. Big hugs and lots of love and of course…don’t forget to be brilliant!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews