Monday, June 11, 2012

Can You Learn to Trust Again?


How do you recover from being emotionally abused?  Does it ever get easier to trust?  I feel like I’m never going to be able to let my guard down and it’s ruining any chances I have of starting a relationship.  I catch myself being defensive and bitchy when there’s really no reason for it, but it’s because I don’t have the strength to get hurt again and I definitely don’t have the strength to be abused again.  So what do I normally do because of this?  I run like hell as soon as I get too close to someone.  I don’t even know if these guys are lying to me or not because in my head they have and that’s enough to make me run.  How sad is that?!  I can’t believe I’m even admitting this insanity but I know I’m not the only one going through this so I thought I would put my situation out there and see if anyone has an opinion on the subject.  It sucks and it’s lonely and I’m ready to move on.  It’s been almost 2 years and I thought that by now I would be farther along in my healing, but I still have that “I’m gonna get you before you get me” attitude and it has to stop or I’m going to be the crazy cat lady for sure.  Do I get any credit for knowing I’m a total mess?

Anyways I hope everyone is surviving this Monday.  Any and all advice is welcomed and don’t forget to be brilliant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews