Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Learning the Hard Way

Is learning the hard way a good way to learn? I think so.  If it wasn’t for all those mistakes I made growing up I don’t think I would be the person I am today.  My mom admitted that the other day.  She had to throw in that I did almost kill her with all my insanity though.  I don’t blame her.  I put her through absolute hell.  I was a typical teenager who didn’t listen and I thought I knew everything.  I was wrong and I can admit that now. 

I look back and to be honest I don’t know if I would change anything.  I am a strong believer that everything happens for a reason.  I did insane things that put my life in danger, but if those things wouldn’t have happened would I be who I am today?  If I hadn’t allowed myself to remain in an abusive relationship would I be happy in my marriage now to a man who treats me like a queen?

Parents want to shelter their kids from everything, but sometimes they need to fall so that they learn from their mistakes and realize that they don’t know everything.  Sometimes it can be torture to learn the hard way, but the lessons learned are those that you carry with you for the rest of your life.  Those are the ones that have the ability to set you free if you choose to let them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews