Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Are You Happy?

I don’t like being sick, but I’m thankful that I have Fibromyalgia. That sounds pretty crazy huh? If I didn’t have this highly painful and frustrating illness I would not be the person that I am today. I’m strong…I’m optimistic…I have hope…I love to laugh and make others laugh…I don’t worry about the little things…this is all because I’m sick. I got hit with a reality that I couldn’t hide from so I faced it head on and I’m a better person for it.

I’m in so much pain right now that I want to bang my head in the toilet seat, but I’m happy. Fibromyalgia does not dictate my happiness. I don’t feel good, but I can still be happy. I can still laugh. Only those who have a chronic illness can understand that. We don’t choose to be sick, but we can choose to be happy. I don’t know about you, but it’s so much easier to be happy than miserable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews