Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Have Fibromyalgia...Fibromyalgia Doesn't Have Me

When I started this blog I had no idea that every other post would be about Fibromyalgia.  My whole intention was for it to be about my happy, sad, crazy life.  A few days after I started the blog I found out that Fibromyalgia would be a part of my happy, sad, crazy life.   I started the blog on July 5, 2009 and on July 15, 2009 I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  I had no idea that in one visit to a Rheumatologist I would actually get a diagnosis.  I had been through so many doctors who dismissed me as crazy that when he actually gave me a diagnosis I was in shock.  I didn’t even ask him any questions about it.  I was feeling a million different emotions and my head was spinning.  I was relieved to finally know what I’m up against, I was sad that it wasn’t something that could be fixed and I was happy that a doctor really believed me  and I was finally going to be able to get on with my life.

Right now there may be a lot of posts about Fibromyalgia.  It’s just because I’m still adjusting to this whole situation. Fibromyalgia is a part of my life and although I hate it, I have to learn to live with it.  This diagnosis meant that I had to let go of my old life and start a new one.  I’m scared and uncertain about the future, but I find strength in reading about others who are leading happy, successful lives with this invisible monster.  I remind myself every day that I have Fibromyalgia…Fibromyalgia doesn’t have me.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews