Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Stop Judging Others and Focus on Yourself


Every day I write about phobias and the effects that they have on the lives of the people who suffer from them.  Sometimes I sit back and wonder how someone can be deathly afraid of such trivial things like butterflies.  How is a butterfly scary?  I don’t understand it, because I’ve never experienced it.  We’re all quick to judge the shortcomings of others, because it makes us feel better.  It makes us feel like we’re in control of our own lives when in fact if we didn’t have our own shortcoming we wouldn’t be worried about everyone else’s.

I have Fibromyalgia and I’ve been fighting this invisible battle for the last 22 years.  Most people never even realized anything was wrong with me until the last couple of years.  These people never paid attention to the changes taking place in my life.  They never cared, but for some reason they choose to judge me now.  I should have a full time job and my life should be all full of sunshine just like the lady on the Lyrica commercial.  First of all I don’t take Lyrica and secondly I got fired from my last full time job because I had to go to the doctor so much, because if I put too much strain on my body it goes absolutely haywire and I end up with extreme pain, fever, rashes and migraines.

We all face our own battles and if we’re busy judging someone else’s ability to fight their battle, then we’re not focusing on our own.  You can’t be all up in someone else’s business and keep track of your own.  It just can’t be done and it just turns into a vicious cycle that gets us nowhere. Why would anyone want to live like that?

I hope everyone is having a good night. Now get out of everyone else’s business and be brilliant!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews